Invite relatives or friends who need visas in order to travel to Sweden

Do you have friends and relatives who wish to visit you in Sweden and who come from a country whose citizens require a visa to travel here? If this is so, they will need an invitation from you before they can obtain a visa. You need to fill out the form for invitation and send it to your friend or relative. He or she needs to submit the form and the application for visa to a Swedish mission abroad.

Invitation required from you

The person you wish to invite must have an invitation from you. The Swedish Migration Agency has a special form, Invitation, no. 241011, which you must complete and send to the person you wish to invite to Sweden. You should also enclose:

  • a special civic registration certificate for the purpose Invitation (Inbjudan). This can be ordered from the Swedish Tax Agency
  • documents which show details of income and assets for the person who pays for the applicant's upkeep during the visit in Sweden. You can find examples of which document to submit in the form.

Invitation, form no. 241011PDF (in English)

The Swedish Tax Agencyexternal link, opens in new window

Application is by the invitee

You cannot apply for a visa on someone else's behalf. Your relative or friend must submit their application, the invitation form and the civic registration certificate at the same time. See information on visiting friends and relatives.

Countries whose citizens require a visaexternal link, opens in new window

Countries where Sweden is represented by another Schengen stateexternal link, opens in new window

Last updated: 2 July 2015