Citizens of non-EU countries who want to work in Sweden
If you are a citizen of a non-EU country and want to work in Sweden, you will probably need to obtain a work permit.
You do not need to apply for a work permit if you:
- have a permanent residence permit
- have a residence permit to attend a college or university
- have a special residence permit to work as a visiting researcher
- are an asylum seeker and have an AT-UND (exemption from the obligation to hold a work permit)
- are a citizen of an EU country. Register your right of residence instead.
Members of some occupations can go to Sweden and work without a permit for a limited period of time.
Read more about the work permit requirements.