Requirements for an online application
To be able to apply online you must
- have reached the age of 18
- have a valid e-mail address
- be able to pay the application fee using a Visa or Mastercard/Eurocard card
- be able to scan or photograph the documents to be attached
- have a program that reads pdf format, for example Acrobat Reader
- first use Internet Explorer as a browser. If a problem occurs, you can try using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
The documents that you send as attachments to your online application must be in the formats pdf, doc, docx, jpg, png, rtf or txt. Only Latin characters may be used in the file name. A document may not exceed two megabytes (MB).
Note that in some web browsers you might be unable to open the forms and complete them. You can then save them onto your computer and open them with a PDF programme such as Acrobat Reader. You can also try to open the forms in another web browser. If you open the forms in the latest version of Acrobat Reader you can also save the completed form.
Check that the information on the documents you include is seen clearly. On passport copies, figures and characters at the top and bottom of the passport pages must also be seen clearly.
The documents should be translated into Swedish or English by an authorised translator. You must always include a copy of the original document.
User terms and conditions
To make an online application you must accept the user terms and conditions. You do so when you register as a user.
To keep in mind when applying via the web:
- You must register first. Once you have done this, you will receive an email at the address you have provided, containing a user name, password and a link to the application form.
If you do not receive an e-mail from the Swedish Migration Agency, this may be because the spam filter in your email program has perceived the e-mail as spam. Therefore, you should check your spam folder.
- You have 1.5 hours per page to fill out the information.
- Use only the buttons on the form to go forward or backward in the application; do not use the browser’s buttons for this.
- If you interrupt your application or have technical difficulties, you must log in again within 48 hours to ensure that the information you have written is not deleted. Log in via the link in the e-mail you received when registering as a user.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can change it via the link in the e-mail you received when registering as a user.
- When you have completed all the questions, you can choose to print the application to check that all the information is correct.
- Once you have confirmed the application you will no longer be able to change any information. Nor will you be able to send in any documents.
- When you are done with your application you will receive a confirmation to your e-mail address.
The Migration Agency uses secure technology to ensure that no unauthorised persons gain access to your data. For security reasons, we would still urge you to be cautious about giving more personal information than necessary in the text boxes marked with the symbol above.