The Swedish Migration Agency logotype

Swedish Migration Agency

Order a certificate, public documents, originals or copies

Here, you can request to have original documents that you have sent in returned, order copies or certificates for documents in your case, request public documents.

Long processing time for requests for certificates, documents, originals or copies

The unit at the Swedish Migration Agency which handles this type of request does not manage to process the requests at the desired speed. If your request is not about a public document of a type that by law should be dealt with promptly, the waiting time for your request can be up to three months.

If you want to remain anonymous

If you want to request public documents while remaining anonymous, please contact us via telephone or visit one of our offices.

Request to have your passport returned – for those who have applied for Swedish citizenship

Charges for document copies

The cost of making copies is regulated in the Fees Ordinance (SFS 1992:191). The Migration Agency will charge you a fee if the copies amount to 10 pages or more. The first nine pages are free, the tenth page costs SEK 50 and each additional page after that is SEK 2. The cost of postal delivery and postage will also be added.

If we send you your documents in a registered letter

The Swedish Migration Agency sends certain documents, for example, original identity documents, via registered mail. When you go to collect a registered letter, you must take an approved form of identity document with you.

Go to Postnord’s website to find out what counts as an approved identity document.external link, opens in new window

My order refers to * (mandatory)
My order refers to

*If you want to order a certificate applicable to you and your child/children, write the name and personal identity number of each person included in the certificate. If you want one certificate per person, you must fill out one online form for each person.

You cannot order a certificate for other adult family members, only for yourself and children under 18 years of age that you are the legal guardian of.

You can only get the certificate once. The certificate can only be obtained in Swedish. If you need a certificate translated to another langugage than Swedish, you are responsible for having the document translated yourself.


(If you do not have a personal identity number, you write yyyymmdd-0000.) *

Last updated: 2020-03-12

Was the information on this page helpful to you?