Request to have your passport returned in connection to an application for Swedish citizenship
Email us here to temporarily get your own or your children's passports back. We will send you your passport about two weeks after you have made your request. Your request to have your passport back does not change the processing time for your case.
You must show an approved ID when you collect your passport
The Swedish Migration Agency sends passports and identification documents by recorded delivery via PostNord. When you collect the letter, you will need to take approved ID with you. You can find out what counts as approved ID on PostNord’s website.
If you do not have any approved ID, the Swedish Migration Agency can send your passport or identification document to someone who can collect the letter on your behalf. You must give this person power of attorney. In order to count as a power of attorney, this must state
- that it is a power of attorney
- the name, personal identity number and address of the person giving someone else power of attorney
- what the person with power of attorney is entitled to do
- the name, personal identity number and address of the person who has been given power of attorney
- the signature of the person giving someone else power of attorney.
You should send the power of attorney to the Swedish Migration Agency in a letter to
601 70 Norrköping
We will then send your passport or identification document by recorded delivery to the person to whom you have given power of attorney.