Requirements for an online application
The Migration Agency's web applications and e-services require that you and your device meet certain requirements.
To be able to apply online you must
- have reached the age of 18,
- use a computer,
- have a valid e-mail address,
- be able to pay the application fee using a Visa or Mastercard/Eurocard card,
- be able to scan or photograph the documents to be attached,
- have a program that reads pdf format, for example Acrobat Reader,
- first use Internet Explorer as a browser. If a problem occurs, you can try using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
The documents that you send as attachments to your online application must be in the formats pdf, doc, docx, jpg, png, rtf or txt. Only Latin characters may be used in the file name.
A document may not exceed two megabytes (MB) in the online application, except the applications regarding work permits and e-visas
Check that the information on the documents you include is seen clearly. On passport copies, figures and characters at the top and bottom of the passport pages must also be seen clearly.
The documents should be translated into Swedish or English by an authorized translator. You must always include a copy of the original document.
User terms and conditions
To make an online application you must accept the user terms and conditions. You do so when you register as a user.
Security and personal data
The Migration Agency uses secure technology to ensure that no unauthorised persons gain access to your data. For security reasons, we would still urge you to be cautious about giving more personal information than necessary in the text boxes marked with the symbol above.