Umeå – Centre for National Service
Changes for Umeå Service Centre due to the coronavirus
Avoid visiting us in person if possible and contact us instead by e-mail, telephone or one of our e-services. If you need to visit us you are welcome if you are healthy. Stay at home if you feel even slightly unwell.
The Swedish Migration Agency follow the Public Health Agency of Sweden's advice to slow down the spreading of COVID-19. As a visitor, it is very important that you follow the instructions that apply on site.
- Drop-in is open 09.00–12.00.
- Our self-service terminal is open but not staffed.
- A maximum of six people at a time can visit our service centre. Therefore, you may have to wait outside for a while before being let in.
- You cannot book an appointment to collect your LMA card. Instead, you will have your LMA card sent home.
- You cannot book an appointment to extend visits in Sweden. Instead, send your application by post. Learn more about extending visits. You can also leave your application in the mailbox which you will find at the entrance.
- Since we have many visitors, we need to use the time wisely and therefore we ask you to take a number tag per person if you are several in the same company.
- Please come prepared to our service center with completed forms.
- If you have a booked appointment, you must show your booking confirmation to the guard to be admitted.
Drop-in:;Monday 09.00–12.00;Tuesday 09.00–12.00;Wednesday closed;Thursday 09.00–12.00;Friday closed; ;Booked visits:;Monday 09.00–15.00;Tuesday 09.00–15.00;Wednesday closed;Thursday 09.00–15.00;Friday closed
- Apply for an alien's passport or travel documents
- Collect an alien's passport or travel document
- Have your fingerprints and photograph taken
Go to the booking page to book an appointment for your visit
Type of office
- Apply for asylum (unaccompanied children)
- Service Centre
- Permit Unit
Here you can submit applications and get help while waiting for a decision.