Requirements for a complete application
In order for the application for a work permit to be handled within the certification process, it must be complete. A decision for a complete application will be made within a maximum of 20 days. The application must be submitted via the web.
For a completely complete application,
- you should create an employment offer on the web. The offer must be filled in
- the position should have been advertised in Sweden and the EU for minimum of ten days in the event of a new recruitment
- you should offer terms of employment that are at least on par with Swedish collective agreements or what is customary in the occupation or industry
- you should offer employment that allows the employee to support oneself. In order to satisfy this support requirements, the employee must work to the extent that the salary amounts to at least SEK 13,000 a month before tax
- you should have given the relevant trade union organisation an opportunity to comment on the terms of employment in the employment offer
- the union should have assessed that the employment terms are in line with Swedish collective agreements or what is customary in the occupation or industry
- copies of the pages in the employee's passport should be attached, which show personal information, photograph, signature, passport number, passport issuing country, the passport´s period of validity, bar code on the identification page, and if the employee is authorised to live in countries other than his country of origin
- the application fee should be paid
- a copy of the power of attorney from the employee to the company is attached.
In cases where no statement is given by a trade union organisation, or such an organisation refrains from doing so because of the lack of a collective agreement, the Swedish Migration Agency aims to make a decision within 60 working days after receipt of the web application.
Power of attorney to represent the employee
If the employee wants someone else to represent the employee in his or her case with the Migration Agency, he or her can grant you a power of attorney. A power of attorney may, for example, give you the right to make an application, be advised of the reasons for a decision or appeal against a decision on the employee’s behalf. The power of attorney must be written and signed by the employee, and must be presented, in the original, if requested by the Migration Agency.
To grant a power of attorney to another person, the employee may use the form Power of Attorney. The form applies to a person who has applied for a residence permit on the grounds of work, study, connections or visit.
Industries with special investigation requirements
If the company belongs to an industry where special investigation requirements apply, in addition to the above terms, the application must include
- documentation of paid salaries and covered insurance, and paid employer fees when you previously employed citizens from non-EU countries
- an account of how you can guarantee a salary for at least three months ahead
- documentation showing that the employee has been informed of the terms and conditions of employment offered and on the nature of the work.
If the application concerns an extension of a work permit, the above conditions must be met. You should also attach
- a new offer of employment for the period
- income statements for the previous year.
For a worker who has retained his employment in his country of origin, a single document can replace salary specifications and control data from the country of origin. Such a summary shall show in a clear way the total salary including any benefits and allowances paid to the employee both in the country of origin and in Sweden and be signed by you as an employer or your (legal) representative. In a sample check, you must be able to display all the documents that form the basis of the compilation.
Family members of employees
Even family members who apply at the same time as the employee are included in the certification. In order for the certification to apply for applications from family members,
- the application for the family member and the employee is done simultaneously
- copies of the pages in the family member’s passport should be attached, which show personal information, photograph, signature, passport number, passport issuing country, the passport´s period of validity, bar code on the identification page, and if they are authorised to live in countries other than their country of origin
- a copy of marriage certificate of spouse or other documents showing that the parties lived together in their country of origin is attached
- birth certificates for children are attached
- consent from the other custodian, if not accompanied to Sweden, where it appears that the child may move to Sweden is attached
- the application fee should be paid.
The documents must be translated into Swedish or English by a sworn translator.
A statement of consent is a signed letter from the parent who has custody but will not be accompanying the child to Sweden, in which he or she agrees that your child should be granted a residence permit to settle in Sweden. The statement of consent should contain
- the name, date of birth and address of the parent who consents
- the name and date of birth of the child to which the statement of consent relates
- a statement that the parent agrees that the child should be granted a residence permit to settle in Sweden
- the signature of parent consenting, along with his or her name in printed letters.