Employing someone with a residence card

Persons who are citizens of a non-EU country and are close relatives of an EU citizen do not need a permit to work in Sweden but should apply for a residence card if they intend to stay for more than three months.

Residence card.

Close relatives of EU citizens may start working immediately and do not need to wait for a decision regarding their residence card.

The person does not need any documents from you as an employer when applying for a residence card.

Last updated: 2014-02-11

Was the information on this page helpful to you?

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Tell us how we can make this page better*

If you wish to ask the Migration Agency a question you can find our contact details under the heading Contact us.