Employing a seasonal worker
If you are an established employer in Sweden and you want to employ staff for seasonal work, the people in question must have a work permit.
Due to planned maintenance, you cannot use our online services Sunday 7 June between 18.00 and 21.00.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Requirements for work permit
In order for the person you want to employ to be able to get a work permit, you must
- be established in Sweden
- create an offer of employment and give the relevant union organisation an opportunity to comment on the conditions of employment
- offer conditions of employment that are at least at the same level as Swedish collective agreements or whatever is customary in the profession or industry
- offer a salary that is at least on the same level as Swedish collective agreements or what is customary in the profession or industry
- intend to take out insurance covering health, life, occupational injury and pension when the person begins to work
- offer employment that enables the employee to support himself/herself (to satisfy this requirement, the employee must work enough so as to earn at least SEK 13,000 per month before tax)
- advertise the job in Sweden and in the EU/EEA and Switzerland for at least 10 days.
Requirements for using the e-service
In order to use the e-service and draw up an offer of employment, you must
- have Bank ID
- know the email address of the person you want to employ.