Hiring a seasonal worker
If you are an established employer in Sweden and you want to hire staff for seasonal work, the people in question must have a work permit.
Requirements for a work permit
In order for the person you want to hire to be able to get a work permit, you must
- be established in Sweden
- create an offer of employment and give the relevant union organisation an opportunity to comment on the conditions of employment
- offer conditions of employment that are at least at the same level as Swedish collective agreements or whatever is customary in the profession or industry
- offer a salary that is at least on the same level as Swedish collective agreements or what is customary in the profession or industry
- intend to take out insurance covering health, life, occupational injury and pension when the person begins to work
- offer employment that enables the employee to support himself/herself (to satisfy this requirement, the employee must work enough so as to earn at least SEK 13,000 per month before tax)
- advertise the job in Sweden and in the EU/EEA and Switzerland for at least 10 days.
Requirements for using the e-service
In order to use the e-service and draw up an offer of employment, you must
- have Bank ID
- know the email address of the person you want to hire.