Work placement for asylum seekers

The Swedish Migration Agency has previously signed agreements on work placement for asylum seekers with different workplaces. Since 1 January 2017, the Migration Agency no longer organizes work placement for asylum seekers.

Where do I turn if I want to receive an asylum seeker for a work placement?

There is no government agency that is responsible for helping asylum seekers to find work placement. Persons who have been granted residence permits but still live in an accommodation hosted by the Migration Agency may receive support from Arbetsförmedlingen if they wish to do a work placement.

Read more on Arbetsförmedlingen’s website (in Swedish) external link, opens in new window

Asylum seekers may, under certain circumstances, also work

Asylum seekers may also take part in what is called early efforts (tidiga insatser). Read more about it on Länstyrelserna’s website (only in Swedish)external link, opens in new window

Last updated: 2019-01-17

Was the information on this page helpful to you?

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Tell us how we can make this page better*

If you wish to ask the Migration Agency a question you can find our contact details under the heading Contact us.