Citizenship for adults
When you have lived in Sweden for a specified period and meet the other requirements, you can apply for a Swedish citizenship.
Requirements for becoming a Swedish citizen by application
To be able to become a Swedish citizen, you must
- be able to prove your identity
- be 18 years of age or older
- have a permanent residence permit (a temporary residence permit is not applicable) or
- have a right of residence or residence card (applies to you if you are an EU citizen or a close relative of an EU citizen)
- have met the requirements for habitual residence (i.e. lived in Sweden for a certain amount of time)
- have conducted yourself well while in Sweden.