Citizenship for adults
When you have lived in Sweden for a specified period and meet the other requirements, you can apply for a Swedish citizenship.
Requirements for becoming a Swedish citizen by application
To become a Swedish citizen you must:
- be able to prove your identity
- have reached the age of 18
- have a permanent residence permit, a right of residence or residence card in Sweden
- have fulfilled the requirements for period of residence (lived in Sweden for a specified period)
- have conducted yourself well in Sweden.