Fees for Swedish citizenship


Application for citizenship

SEK 1,500

Adopted child under 15 years of age

SEK 175

Please note that you do not have to pay a fee for children under 18 years of age, covered by your application.



Notification for child under 18 years of age

SEK 175

Notification for person between 18 and 21 years of age

SEK 175

Regaining Swedish citizenship

SEK 175

Regaining Swedish citizenship lost before 1 July 2001

SEK 475

Retaining Swedish citizenship

No fee

Release from citizenship

No fee


You will not be refunded if your application or notification is refused.


Not everyone who applies has to pay a fee. This includes people who are

  • stateless and who have been granted refugee status
  • stateless and who have been granted travel documents from the Swedish Migration Agency.

Paying online

When you apply online, you pay the fee with a credit card in connection with the application. The same applies if you are applying to extend your permit. The card must be enabled for Internet payment. Contact your bank for more information.

If you are unable to pay with a credit card, you can receive a payment card from one of the Migration Agency's service centers.

If you submit your application or notification on paper

If you are not applying online, you pay the fee to bankgiro number 5223-6999. The IBAN for the account is SE59 1200 0000 0128 1010 6894 and the BIC/SWIFT code is DABASESX (Danske Bank). In the box for messages to the recipient, you write the name and surname of the person the application fee is for, as well as their personal identity number. If you are paying the fees of several people at the same time, write the personal identity number for each of them. If you are including children under 18 years of age in your application, you do not need to pay any fees on their behalf. Write on the application form when and how you paid the fee. When you send in the application, enclose the receipt of the application fee.

Notification to the county administrative board

If you are a citizen of Denmark, Finland, Iceland or Norway, and you submit a notification of Swedish citizenship, you pay a fee to the County Administrative Board where you submit your notification. Contact the County Administrative Board in question for more information.

Last updated: 2017-11-02

Was the information on this page helpful to you?