Declaration of Citizenship
Is it unclear whether you are a Swedish citizen? Then you can apply for a written Declaration of Citizenship that shows that you are a Swedish citizen.
If you are unsure if you have been granted or lost Swedish citizenship, you can apply for a Declaration of Citizenship. It may, for example, be unclear whether
- you became a Swedish citizen when you were born
- you have lost your Swedish citizenship due to being born abroad and never having lived in Sweden
- you lost your Swedish citizenship when you became a citizen of another country.
You submit a written application in the form of an ordinary letter. The application should contain details of
- when you were born
- where you were born
- which citizenship(s) your parents had at the time of your birth
- if your parents are/were married, and when they married
- how you obtained your Swedish and any foreign citizenship.
You must sign your application upon your honour. You should submit your application to a Swedish embassy or a Swedish consulate.
If you live in Sweden, you should instead send your application to:
The Swedish Migration Agency
601 70 Norrköping