Fees for long-term residents of the EU

If you have long-term resident status in another EU country and apply for a Swedish residence permit or long-term resident status in Sweden, you pay the fees listed below.


Residence permit in Sweden for long term residents of another EU country

SEK 1,500

Application for long-term resident status in Sweden

SEK 750

Application for residence permit in Sweden for the family of those who have long-term resident status
AdultsSEK 1,000
Child under the age of 18SEK 500

You pay the fee, regardless of where you apply for your permit. You will not be refunded the application fee, even if your application is refused. You pay the same amount when you extend your permit as when you apply for the first time.

Paying at an embassy or consulate-general

If you apply at an embassy or consulate-general, pay your fee at the same time. Contact the embassy or consulate-general to find out their fees and terms of payment, which will differ from those of the Swedish Migration Agency.

Extending your permit

Pay the fee to Swedish Migration Agency's bank giro account. Write the first and last name, as well as the Swedish personal ID number and/or case number, of the person whom the application fee is for in the box that says “Meddelande till betalningsmottagaren". If the fee is for more than one person, write all of their Swedish personal ID numbers and/or case numbers.

The Swedish Migration Agency's bank giro number for residence permits permits for persons with long-term resident status in another EU country and for applications for long-term resident in Sweden is 5223-7005. Use the same bank giro numberfor family members of those who are applying for or who already have these permits. The IBAN number is SE6912000000012810106908 and the BIC/SWIFT code is DABASESX (Danske Bank).

Indicate on your application form how and when you paid your fee.


The following persons may apply without paying a fee:

  • family members of Nordic citizens
  • EU citizens applying for a residence permit and their family members
  • citizens of Switzerland and their family members.

Last updated: 2020-01-01

Was the information on this page helpful to you?

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Tell us how we can make this page better*

If you wish to ask the Migration Agency a question you can find our contact details under the heading Contact us.