Online application for you who are an EU citizen and have a relative in Sweden on whom you are especially dependent
You can print out this information and use it to help you in the application process.
If you have children under the age of 18
You cannot apply online if you want your children under the age of 18 to be included in your application. This also applies if your relative in Sweden is a Swedish citizen. You need to post or turn it in to a Migration Agency permit unit.
To apply online, you need
- to be 18 years or older, and so must the person you are joining in Sweden
- a valid email address
- be able to pay the application fee by VISA or MasterCard at the same time you apply for a residence permit. The card must be enabled for Internet payment
- to be able to scan or photograph the documents you need to enclose
- to have a programme that can read pdf files, for example Acrobat Reader.
With your application you need to enclose
- copies of the pages in your passport which show your personal information, photograph, signature, passport number, passport issuing country, the period of the passport's validity and whether you have permission to live in countries other than your country of origin, or of your national ID card that shows your citizenship. You should copy both sides of the ID card.
- documents that show how you are related
- documents proving that you were living with your relative immediately before they moved to Sweden.
If your passport or national ID card is about to expire, you should extend it as you cannot be given permits beyond the expiry date of your passport.
These documents should be translated into Swedish or English by an authorised translator.
We have disturbances in our online payment service and receipts are not provided at all times. However, your payment will reach us even if you do not receive a receipt.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.