• 30 January 2018

    Reduced number of places to apply due to fewer applications for asylum in Sweden

    Starting 1 of February, those who want to apply for asylum in Sweden for the first time must come to the Application Unit in Stockholm, Gothenburg or Malmö.

  • 10 January 2018

    New website and guide to the Upper Secondary School Act

    There is now a new website about the Upper Secondary School Act. It will be an addition to the questions and answers that were already present concerning this law. The page will also contain a guide with which you can test whether you are eligible for a residence permit for upper secondary school studies.

  • 30 August 2017

    Severe security situation in Afghanistan continues

    According to a new judicial position taken by the Swedish Migration Agency, the security situation in Afghanistan is still considered serious. However, there are differences in the levels of conflict in Afghanistan's 34 provinces, and some areas are considered safer than others. The conflict in Afghanistan has thus not reached a level that would entitle all people from Afghanistan to receive a residence permit in Sweden.

  • 1 August 2017

    Legislative change affects who is entitled to LMA

    On 1 August 2017 the reception of asylum seekers act (LMA) will change. The change means that some asylum seekers will no longer have right to assistance in accordance with the LMA. For example the assistance includes a daily allowance from the Swedish Migration Agency for asylum seekers who do not have any money of their own and accommodation provided by the Swedish Migration Agency for people who are unable to arrange their own accommodation.

  • 17 July 2017

    Book an appointment to submit your application to extend your residence permit based on need for protection

    If you are going to extend a temporary residence permit based on need for protection, you can now book an appointment before your visit to the Swedish Migration Agency.

  • 8 June 2017

    Here, those of you who have a temporary residence permit based on a need for protection can apply for an extension

    If you want to remain in Sweden, you must apply for an extension before your temporary permit runs out, but not earlier than three months before. You can submit your application for extension in several locations around the country.