Daily allowance

If you don't have any money of your own you are entitled to apply for a daily allowance from the Migration Agency.

If you are over 16 you have the right to apply for and care for your daily allowance and special grant yourself. You will then get your own bank card that holds the daily allowance and special grant. If you are under 16, it is your guardian who is responsible for your money.

This money should be enough to cover your personal needs, for example clothes, shoes, medicines and leisure activities. If you have special needs you can also apply for a special grant.

Special grant

If you have a special need for something, for example glasses, winter clothes or something that you can't manage without and that the daily allowance doesn't cover, you and your guardian can apply for a special grant. If you are younger than 16, it's your guardian who will fill in an application. If you are 16 or older you can apply yourself. It is important that you explain why you need a special grant. The application is submitted to the Reception Unit, which then makes a decision. Your application for a special grant can be granted or turned down. If you are not satisfied about the decision about the special grant, you can appeal it.

Last updated: 2017-10-20

Was the information on this page helpful to you?

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Tell us how we can make this page better*

If you wish to ask the Migration Agency a question you can find our contact details under the heading Contact us.