The Swedish Migration Agency logotype

Swedish Migration Agency

Frequently asked questions about AT-UND and the right to work

Questions and answers about AT-UND and the right to work
  • Can I get AT-UND even though I have been given an expulsion order?

    Yes, it is possible to get AT-UND even after an expulsion order as long as you cooperate with the Migration Agency to leave the country.

  • Can I get AT-UND even if I do not have identity documents?

    Yes, if the Migration Agency makes the assessment that you are helping to establish your identity in some other way.

  • As an unaccompanied minor, do I have to have AT-UND to be allowed to work?

    Unaccompanied minors over the age of 16 must have AT-UND to be allowed to work in Sweden. Minors under 16 do not need to have AT-UND for a holiday work placement, simple work or individual tasks. But a custodian or appointed representative must have given their consent to the minor working. Bear in mind that pay or some other compensation such as a gift voucher may affect the right to assistance under LMA (the Act on Reception of Asylum Seekers).

  • Do I have to have AT-UND if I am only going to have a summer job?

    Yes, if you are 16 or older. If you are under 16, you need consent from your custodian or appointed representative.

  • Does the Migration Agency have to approve my employment?


Last updated: 2020-02-28

Was the information on this page helpful to you?