8 June 2017

Here, those of you who have a temporary residence permit based on a need for protection can apply for an extension

If you want to remain in Sweden, you must apply for an extension before your temporary permit runs out, but not earlier than three months before. You can submit your application for extension in several locations around the country.

The Swedish Migration Agency will begin to receive applications for extension starting 1 June, 2017, at the following offices:

  • Boden
  • Flen
  • Gävle
  • Göteborg
  • Malmö
  • Märsta (Stockholm)
  • Norrköping
  • Sundsvall
  • Västerås
  • Örebro

Directions to the Swedish Migration Agency’s offices

Read more about extensions of residence permits based on a need for protection

Questions and answers about extending temporary residence permits according to the temporary law