If you have been granted a residence permit in Sweden as a refugee, a person in need of subsidiary protection, for humanitarian reasons or as a quota refugee and want to repatriate to your country of origin, you can apply for financial contribution from the Swedish Migration Agency.

One of the Swedish Migration Agency's tasks is to make matters easier for those, refugees and other people, in need of protection and holding residence permits, who wish to repatriate to their countries of origin.

If you are thinking of moving back to your country of origin and want to know whether you can apply for a financial contribution, you will find more information under the heading Repatriation allowancesexternal link. Under certain circumstances, you may also receive an allowance for moving to a country other than your country of origin.

Last updated: 2018-10-29

Was the information on this page helpful to you?

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Tell us how we can make this page better*

If you wish to ask the Migration Agency a question you can find our contact details under the heading Contact us.