The e‑service for extended protection opens 1 February

If you have a residence permit under the Temporary Protection Directive that expires on 4 March 2023, you must apply for an extended residence permit if you want to stay in Sweden. The application must be submitted in the e‑service, which will be open from 1 February until 4 March.

The e‑service is easy to use. All you need is an email address and a mobile phone number. It takes only a few minutes to submit an application, and no attachments or passport copies are needed. In the application, you must state the name and case number of all the people for whom you are applying, as well as any new address. You do not need to have valid identity documents to be granted an extended residence permit.

One application per family

You can apply for yourself, up to two adult co-applicant family members, and up to ten children under the age of 18 for whom you are the parent/legal guardian. Children can only be co-applicants to their own parents/legal guardians. Children without a parent/legal guardian can use the e‑service themselves, and the guardian does not need to confirm the application.

Apply before your residence permit expires

It is important that you apply for an extended residence permit in time, that is, no later than 4 March 2023. If you do not apply for an extended residence permit in time, you will need to reapply for protection, accommodation and financial support. If you apply too late, you will not be allowed to work again until you have received a new decision.

Visit the Swedish Migration Agency after you apply

Once you have submitted an application in the e‑service, all your family members must visit the Swedish Migration Agency in person to be photographed and provide fingerprints for their new residence permit card. You can book an appointment for this visit in the e‑service when you submit the application. This visit can take place between 6 February and 5 May.

Contact your Unit for Reception if you need financial support for your journey to the Swedish Migration Agency.

Read more and apply to extend a residence permit under the Temporary Protection Directive