The Swedish Migration Agency logotype

Swedish Migration Agency

The Swedish resettlement programme 2019

This year’s resettlement programme has an increased focus on North and East Africa, as well as continued strong support for Syrian refugees.

» Sweden will accept 5,000 quota refugees for resettlement (only in Swedish)
» Meet Kavira who came to Sweden as a quota refugee

New pages about statistics

The Swedish Migration Agency has changed how current statistics are presented on the website. All statistics are now presented collected and in a more uniform way.

» The Migration Agency's statistics

Follow the Swedish Migration Agency

The Swedish Migration Agency is on social media so that you can access information and news.

Granted permits for family reunification in May – most common countries of origin

Behind every number is a human being

Read stories from people who migrated to Sweden to study, work or seek protection and asylum.

Our mission

The Swedish Migration Agency's mission includes considering applications from people who want to live in Sweden, visit the country, seek protection from persecution or be granted Swedish citizenship.

The Swedish Migration Agency is commissioned by parliament and government, who set the Swedish asylum and migration policy. We are thus commissioned by the Swedish people, through the politicians who make decisions on migration policy.

» The Swedish Migration Agency's mission

Working at the Swedish Migration Agency

There is a wide and varied range of work at the Swedish Migration Agency. It requires staff with various educational backgrounds, for example law, legal science and social science.

» Job vacancies (only in Swedish)