Higher educa­tion insti­tu­tions with the possi­bi­lity of a two-year resi­dence permit for studies

The Swedish Migration Agency has signed an agreement with several higher education institutions, which makes it possible to obtain a residence permit for up to two years for studies at these institutions.

This means, among other things, that university students who have to pay a tuition fee at these universities can apply for up to two years of residence permits at a time. This applies both to first time applications and application for extension of residence permit.

Here are all the higher education institutions that have an agreement with the Swedish Migration Agency:

Agre­e­ments written on February 16

  • the Royal Institute of Technology
  • Lund University
  • Umeå University

Agre­e­ments written on April 12

  • Blekinge Institute of Technology
  • Chalmers University of Technology
  • University College Stockholm
  • the Swedish School of Sports and Health Science
  • Stockholm School of Economics
  • Dalarna University
  • University of Borås
  • University of Gävle
  • Halmstad University
  • University of Skövde
  • Kristianstad University
  • University West
  • Jönköping University
  • Karolinska Institutet
  • Royal Institute of Art
  • Linnaeus University
  • Malmö University
  • Mid Sweden University
  • Mälardalen University
  • Swedish Red Cross University
  • Stockholm University
  • Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.

Agre­e­ments written on April 18

  • University of Gothenburg
  • Karlstad University
  • Konstfack
  • Linköping University
  • Stockholm University of the Arts
  • Uppsala University

Agre­e­ments written on May 3

  • the Swedish Defence University
  • Södertörn University