The Swedish Migration Agency logotype


  • Acti­vi­ties while you are waiting for a deci­sion

    As an asylum seeker, you can take part in various activities to start learning Swedish, find out about Swedish society and the labour market or improve your health.

  • Distance learning at upper secondary schools

    To reduce the spread of the coronavirus, Sweden’s upper secondary schools are once again switching to distance learning. The Swedish Migration Agency’s requirements for residence permits for upper secondary level studies will not change, even though the studies will be different for a time.

  • Risk of being inducted into the Syrian army can provide refugee status

    The Swedish Migration Agency now assesses that individuals who are at risk of being inducted into national military service if they return to Syria may have a right to refugee status in Sweden.

  • New areas listed for asylum seekers who choose to live in their own accommodation

    The Swedish Migration Agency has now compiled a new list of the notified areas that are considered to have social challenges. If you as an asylum seeker choose to settle in one of these areas, you will as a rule lose your right to daily allowances and special grants.

  • Information for children

    Children have the right to be informed of what happens when they seek asylum. Even young children have the right to receive information that they can understand. That is why the Swedish Migration Agency has developed an app that explains the asylum process for children in a simple way.

  • Dissemination of incorrect information about the Dublin Regulation

    The Swedish Migration Agency has learned that incorrect information is being disseminated about the Dublin Regulation – specifically, that it is
    possible to get your application for asylum considered in several EU countries. This information is incorrect.

  • New look for residence permit cards

    From 1 December, both the residence permit card and right of residence card issued by the Swedish Migration Agency will look different. If you already have a valid card, you do not need to replace it.