EU/EEA citi­zens and their family members who have lived in Sweden for five years

When you as an EU/EEA citizen or close relative of an EU/EEA citizen have had right of residence and lived in Sweden for five years, you are granted permanent right of residence.

If you want a certificate of your permanent right of residence you can apply for one.

If you are a non-EU/EEA citizen and a close relative of an EU/EEA citizen you should instead apply for a permanent residence card.

If you have lived in Sweden for five years and meet the requirements for right of residence, residence card or have a permanent residence permit you may be eligible for Swedish citizenship.

Read more about permanent right of residence

Read more about permanent residence card

Read more about becoming a Swedish citizen

Last updated: