Work permit for athletes and coaches
This is information for people who are citizens of a non-EU country and who have a contract with a club or association that is affiliated with the Swedish Sports Confederation.
Requirements for a work permit
To obtain a permit, you must
- have a valid passport
- play at least in Division 1 (for men) or in Damallsvenskan or Elitettan (for women) if you are a football player. The same requirements apply if you are going to work as a football coach
- play or coach in Basketligan or Basketettan (for women and men) if you are a basketball player. The same requirements apply if you are going to work as a basketball coach
- you have a written contract with a club or association in Sweden that is affiliated with the Swedish Sports Confederation
- have been offered a monthly salary of at least SEK 14,300 before tax
- have a health and accident insurance that is consistent with what is customary in your sport and at your level
- The Swedish Sports Confederation must certify that your employment is of vital importance for the positive development of the sport.
Requirements for using the e-service
In order to use the e-service, you need
- to get an email from your employer with a link that will take you to the e-service
- copies of the pages of your passport that show your personal data, photograph, signature, passport number, issuing country, period of validity and if you have permission to stay in countries other than your home country. (If your passport is about to expire, you should extend it because you are not able to get a permit for longer than your passport is valid)
- be able to pay the application fee by credit card
- a contract with information about your salary (in Swedish crowns), insurance and the validity period of the contract. The contract must be signed by the club and yourself.
- pay slips or statements of earnings and deductions if you have had a work permit for the last twelve-month period (you must submit details for the entire period you have had the permit).