Work permit appli­ca­tion fees for employees, self-employed and their family members

Application for work permit for employees

Work permit, EU Blue Card, ICT permit, seasonal work

SEK 2,000

Extension of work permit

SEK 2,000

An application for a permanent residence permit must be submitted at the same time as an application for an extension of a work permit and costs nothing extra.

Special fees for certain occupations


SEK 2,000


SEK 1,500

Au pair

SEK 1,500

Athlete or coach

SEK 1,500

Working holiday visa for young people

SEK 1,500


SEK 1,500

Trainee (through international exchange programme or agreement)

SEK 1,500


SEK 1,500

Seek employment after completed research

SEK 1,500

Application for family members of persons applying for or holding a work permit


SEK 1,500

Child under 18 years of age

SEK 750

Your application fee will not be refunded if your application is refused.

Paying online

When you apply online, you pay the fee with a credit card in connection with the application. The same applies if you are applying to extend your permit. The card must be enabled for Internet payment. Contact your bank for more information.

Paying at an embassy or consulate-general

If you are applying at an embassy or consulate-general, you pay the fee when you hand in your application. For more information about the fee, contact the embassy or consulate-general where you are applying, as they do not have the same fees and terms of payment as the Migration Agency.

Paying to bankgiro

If you are not applying online, you pay the fee to bankgiro number 5223-7005. The IBAN for the account is SE6912000000012810106908 and the BIC/SWIFT code is DABASESX (Danske Bank).

In the box for messages to the recipient, you write the name and surname of the person the application fee is for, as well as their personal identity number and/or case number. If you are paying the fees of several people at the same time, write the personal identity number and/or case number for each of them. Also write on the application form when and how you paid the fee.


Japanese citizens may apply for work permits without paying an application fee.

If you have paid the wrong application fee

You can get money back if you have paid the wrong application fee. For example, you may have accidentally paid the fee twice. If you have applied online or on paper, you should contact the Migration Agency and request the money back. If you have submitted an application to an embassy or consulate-general, you should contact them.

Last updated: 2021-07-28