Technical support for online services
Our support team can help you if you have technical difficulties when using any of our online services. This could be related to problems logging in, password questions or error messages.
Try this at first
Many of the phone calls that come to the Swedish Migration Agency can be resolved by clearing your web history and cookies and also using a private network. Please check these things before calling us.
If an error has occurred during the use of the Migration Agency's e-services, the error may be saved in your browser. This means that errors that may no longer exist are still visible in the e-service. By clearing cookies and your web history, you reset your browser and your problems may have disappeared.
For most browsers you will find the cleaning function under settings.
Sometimes the Migration Agency's e-services do not work on public networks, different types of corporate or job networks. This is because firewalls can block the Migration Agency's e-services, and can apply even if you have your own private computer with you.
Therefore, test the Migration Agency's e-services from a private network.
If you suspect a technical error in the e-service or if the e-service becomes locked, try to reload the page by pressing F5 (PC), Command+Shift+R (Mac) or the reload button on your browser.
Frequently asked questions about our e-services
We have gathered the most common questions about our e-services.
Did you not find the answer to your question? Call us and we will help you.
+46 771-235 235
You can also email us if you have any questions about our online services. However, it takes longer to get an answer via email than if you call us.
To keep in mind when applying online:
- The first time you submit an application, you must create an account. To do this, you should select the “Username and password” button in the login box. Once you have created your account, an e-mail with a verification code will be sent to your e-mail address. If you do not receive an e-mail from the Swedish Migration Agency, it may be because the spam filter in your e-mail programme has categorised the e-mail as spam. You should therefore check your spam folder for the missing e-mail.
- You must have access to the e-mail address you specify in your application. The Swedish Migration Agency will use it to communicate with you. If you need to change your e-mail address, you can do so via My page or by contacting our technical support team.
- You have 30 minutes on each page to fill out the information.
- Use only the buttons on the form to go forward or backward in the application; do not use the browser’s buttons for this.
- If you stop filling out your application or experience a technical interruption, you must log in again within a certain timeframe if you want to continue your application. For almost all applications, you have 30 days to do this before the information you have written is deleted, with the exception of visa and citizenship applications, where you have 14 days.
- If you need to log in to continue your application, you must use the link in the email you received when you started the application.
- If you have forgotten your password, you will find a recovery feature on the same page as you logged in.
- Once you have filled in all questions, you can choose to print your application to make sure it is correctly filled out.
- Once you have approved your application, you can no longer change any information or submit documents via the e-service. If you need to supplement your application with more information, you can do so by writing to us. If you need to send us more documents, you can do so by post: Postal and fax addresses.
- When you are done with your application, you will receive a confirmation to your email address.