Online appli­ca­tion for you who are an EU/EEA citizen and have a rela­tive in Sweden on whom you are espe­ci­ally depen­dent

You can print out this information and use it to help you in the application process.

If you have children under the age of 18

You cannot apply online if you want your children under the age of 18 to be included in your application. This also applies if your relative in Sweden is a Swedish citizen. You need to post or turn it in to a Migration Agency permit unit.

The Migration Agency's visiting addresses and opening hours

To apply online, you need

  • to be 18 years or older, and so must the person you are joining in Sweden
  • a valid email address
  • to be able to scan or photograph the documents you need to enclose
  • to have a programme that can read pdf files, for example Acrobat Reader.

With your appli­ca­tion you need to enclose

  • copies of the pages in your passport which show your personal information, photograph, signature, passport number, passport issuing country, the period of the passport's validity and whether you have permission to live in countries other than your country of origin, or of your national ID card that shows your citizenship. You should copy both sides of the ID card.
  • documents that show how you are related
  • documents proving that you were living with your relative immediately before they moved to Sweden.

If your passport or national ID card is about to expire, you should extend it as you cannot be given permits beyond the expiry date of your passport.

These documents should be translated into Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

Read more about the requirements for an online application

If you have already submitted an application

If you have submitted an application for a residence permit that has not yet been decided on, please do not submit a new online application. Instead, contact the Swedish Migration Agency if you want to provide additional information in the case. The processing time in your case will not be shortened if you make a new online application.

Last updated: