Work permits for performers
Performers include singers, musicians, dancers, circus performers, actors, directors and filmmakers. This category includes people who are accompanying the performers as a technician or similar role. Performers who are citizens of a country outside the EU need a work permit.
Requirements for work permit
To obtain a permit, you must
- have a valid passport (if your passport is about to expire, you should extend it because you are not able to get a permit for longer than your passport is valid)
- have a contract with the organiser in Sweden
- have a written offer of work in Sweden
- have been offered terms of employment that are at least at the same level as Swedish collective agreements or what is customary in the profession or industry
- have been offered work to such an extent that the salary is at least SEK 13,000 per month before tax
- for work lasting less than three months, citizens of certain countries must also have a visa.
Requirements for using the e-service
In order to use the e-service, you need
- to get an email from your employer with a link that will take you to the e-service
- copies of the pages of your passport that show your personal data, photograph, signature, passport number, issuing country, period of validity and if you have permission to stay in countries other than your home country (if your passport is about to expire, you should extend it because you are not able to get a permit for longer than your passport is valid)
- be able to pay the application fee by credit card
- the contract stating the tour plan (if any), your remuneration (pay), and the time and place of the engagement. The contract must have been signed by you and the organiser.
Correctly completed applications will be processed faster
In order for the Swedish Migration Agency to be able to make a decision on your case, all the required information and documentation must be provided. If this is done right from the start, the processing time will be quicker than if your application has to be supplemented later.
This is especially important if the application concerns an engagement in the near future.
Please note that in some cases the Swedish Migration Agency may need to investigate an application further even if all the information has been provided and all documents have been submitted.