Citizens of non-EU countries who want to work in Sweden

If you are a citizen of a non-EU country and want to work in Sweden, you will probably need to obtain a work permit.

You do not need to apply for a work permit if you:

  • have a permanent residence permit
  • have a residence permit to attend a college or university
  • have a special residence permit to work as a visiting researcher
  • are an asylum seeker and have an AT-UND (exemption from the obligation to hold a work permit)
  • are a citizen of an EU country.

Read more about the work permit requirements.

Last updated: 2017-02-08

Was the information on this page helpful to you?