The trainee organisations AIESEC, IAESTE, JUF and SACCUSA

Here you will find information regarding the trainee organisations AIESEC, IAESTE, JUF and SACCUSA.

Requirements for obtaining work permits

In order for the trainee to be granted a permit, the trainee must

  • be at least 18 years old
  • have a valid passport
  • have received a written offer which describes the employment or assignment they are to undertake.

Online application for traineeship exchanges through AIESEC, IAESTE, JUF and SACCUSA

If you work for one of the organisations AISEC, IAESTE, JUF or SACCUSA, you may apply for a work permit online for trainees who have been offered traineeships in Sweden. The trainee may apply for the permit themselves online if they have all the necessary information and documents to complete the application.

Enclose the following documents with the application:

  • Copies of the pages of the trainee's passport that show their personal details, the passport's validity period and whether the trainee has permission to live in countries other than their country of origin
  • A written offer stating the conditions for the trainee's appointment or assignment.

Once we have received the application

Those who are granted a permit that is valid for more than three months will receive a residence permit card. The card proves that the person has permission to reside in Sweden and it contains information such as the person's fingerprints and photograph.
Trainees who need a visa in order to travel to Sweden must visit the Swedish embassy or consulate-general as soon as possible, in order to be photographed and fingerprinted. The trainee needs to do so even if he or she has previously held a residence permit card. This is because photographs and fingerprints cannot be saved.

Trainees who do not require a visa must submit their details for a residence permit card to the Migration Agency once they have arrived in Sweden.

After the decision has been made

The decision will be sent to the Swedish mission abroad specified by you in your online application. The trainee must collect the decision themselves and bring their passport when they do so. A work permit can be issued for the duration of the person's traineeship, but not beyond their passport's expiry date. A permit for trainees may be granted for one or more periods, up to a maximum of 18 months.

When the residence card is ready, the embassy or consulate-general will hand over or send the finished card to the trainee. Please note that it can take up to four weeks from the time the trainee receives their decision to make and deliver the card to the embassy or consulate-general. When the trainee travels to Sweden, they must show their residence permit card together with a valid passport.
Those who do not require a visa in order to travel to Sweden should be able to show a copy of the decision upon their arrival. They should visit the Agency in order to be fingerprinted and photographed as soon as possible following their arrival in Sweden. When the residence permit card is ready, it will be sent to their address in Sweden.
Those who are granted a permit that is valid for less than three months are not given a residence permit card; they should therefore show the decision together with their passport when they travel to Sweden.

If the Migration Agency refuses the application

A decision concerning a work permit can be appealed against within three weeks. Information on how to do this can be found in the decision.

Last updated: 2018-05-07

Was the information on this page helpful to you?

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Thank you for helping us improve our website!

Tell us how we can make this page better*

If you wish to ask the Migration Agency a question you can find our contact details under the heading Contact us.