Employing highly qualified staff (EU Blue Card)
If you, as the employer, want to employ highly qualified staff, the employee can apply for an EU Blue Card. The employee must have the equivalent of 180 credits of tertiary education or five years' professional experience and a salary that is the equivalent of at least one and a half times the average gross salary in Sweden.
Requirements for obtaining an EU Blue Card
As the employer, you must
- make an offer of employment for a highly qualified job for at least one year
- offer a salary that is the equivalent of at least one and a half times the average gross salary in Sweden
- give the relevant trade union the opportunity to comment on the conditions of employment
- have advertised the position in Sweden and the EU/EEA and Switzerland for at least 10 days
- offer conditions of employment that are at least at the same level as Swedish collective agreements or what is customary in the profession or industry.
Requirements for using the e-service
In order to use the e-service and create an offer of employment, you must
- have an e-identification
- know the email address of the person you want to employ.