Applying for a residence and work permit as a representative for berry pickers
If you are a representative for employees who are to work as berry pickers or service personnel, you can apply for residence and work permits for the employees via the e-service. The client first creates an offer of employment in the e-service and you can then submit your application.
Requirements for residence and work permits
In order for the employees to be granted a permit
- they must have a valid passport
- they must have been offered terms of employment that are at least on the same level as the Swedish collective agreements or what is customary in the profession or industry
- they must be offered work to such an extent that the salary is at least SEK 13,000 per month before tax
- you must have the intention of taking out medical insurance, life insurance, industrial injuries insurance and occupational pension insurance for them once they begin employment.
Requirements to use the e-service
In order to use the e-service as a representative, you need
- to visit a Swedish embassy or consulate to create an account for the e-service (remember to take a valid ID, a mobile phone, the Swedish branch’s registration certificate from the Swedish Companies Registration Office and an authorisation from your employer that states that you represent the company)
- to receive confirmation from the client that you can begin the application in the e-service
- to have an authorisation from each of the employees that shows that they approve of you submitting an application for them
- to have copies of the passports for each of the employees
- to know the complete names and possible former surnames, dates of birth, citizenship, any former citizenship, places of birth and countries of birth for each of the employees
- a Visa card or MasterCard to pay any fees for the application (fees for work permits).
The client begins the e-service
Remember that you cannot begin your application before the client has created an offer of employment in the e-service.