Internal transfer within the company (ICT permit)

Managers, specialists or trainees who are transferred internally within the company can get an Intra-Corporate Transfer (ICT) permit to work in Sweden.

Requi­re­ments for ICT permit

The employer must

  • create an offer of employment that the union organisation concerned may make a declaration on
  • offer compensation that is on the same level as the Swedish collective agreements or what is customary in the profession or industry
  • offer terms of employment that are at least on the same level as for employees who are posted in Sweden
  • offer an employment that gives the employee the possibility to support him- or herself.

Requi­re­ments for using the e-service

In order to use the e-service and create an offer of employment, you need to

  • have an e-identification
  • know the email address of the person you want to employ.

This is an ICT permit

An ICT permit gives the person as a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland the right to travel into, stay and work in Sweden at a company that is established in Sweden within the same corporate group as the host company. Those who have already been granted an ICT permit by a different EU Member State, but are to work in Sweden, can get an ICT authorisation for long-term mobility.

After you have made an offer of employment

Once you have completed the job offer in the e-service, select the trade union that is relevant to the work that the employee will perform. You submit the offer for a statement via the e-service. The trade union reviews the job offer and sends its statement to you via the e-service.

As an employer, once you have made a job offer via the e-service, an email with a link will be sent to the person you wish to hire. The employee then submits an application for a work permit via the link.

As an employer, you can track the case by logging in to the e-service.

If you do not use the e-service, send the job offer and the union statement form to the trade union organisation that is relevant to the work that the employee is to perform. They will then send their statement back to you.

LO trade unions External link, opens in new window.

SACO trade unions External link, opens in new window.

TCO trade unions External link, opens in new window.

After a decision has been made

When a decision has been made, a copy will be sent to you as the employer in Sweden stating whether or not a permit has been granted. If you want to know the reasons for the decision, you will need a power of attorney from the employee. The permit applies only for work for the employer and in the position specified in the offer of employment.

People who are granted a permit for three months or more will also be given a residence permit card issued by the embassy or consulate-general. The card must be presented together with a passport upon entry to Sweden and it is proof of the person’s right to be in Sweden. It takes up to four weeks to manufacture and deliver the card.

Read more about residence permit cards

If the Swedish Migra­tion Agency rejects the appli­ca­tion

A decision on an ICT permit can be appealed within three weeks. Information on how to appeal is provided in the employee’s decision.

Notify the Swedish Tax Agency

When you employ somebody from a country outside the EU, you must notify the Swedish Tax Agency. You do so by completing the form “Notification – Employment of a foreigner SKV 1160” with information on name, address and period of employment for the person who is to work for you. You can find the form on the Swedish Tax Agency website.

Form for notifying the Swedish Tax Agency External link, opens in new window.

You must save copies of documents that show that the person has the right to be and work in Sweden. The documents must be archived for the entire period of employment and 12 months after the end of the employment.

Notification obligation

You as an employer must also notify the Swedish Migration Agency if anything changes that affects the conditions for the permit. This may, for example, be if the employee does not receive the compensation offered or if the employee’s terms of employment have deteriorated.

You report changes to the Swedish Migration Agency by sending a letter to the Swedish Migration Agency where you explain what has changed. You must clearly state the employee’s name and reference number (case number).

Send the letter to Migrationsverket, Box 3100, 903 03 Umeå.

If you cannot use the e-service

If you use the e-service, you are given clear instructions on how to complete the offer of employment and what you have to send in with it. It is easy to do it right from the beginning, which increases your chances of getting a decision faster.

If you cannot create an offer of employment by using our e-service, you can use the form Offer of employment, form number 232011 (in Swedish and English). Pdf, 1.6 MB, opens in new window.

Last updated: