Special rules for certain occupations and citizens of certain countries

Special rules apply to employment and permits for certain occupations and for citizens of certain countries.

Employment for certain occupations is subject to special rules. As a result, the person you are planning to employ may need special documents from you. Special rules apply when you employ a performer, au pair, seasonal worker, berry picker, researcher or athlete or trainer, trainee (traineeship through trainee organisations and traineeship with ties to higher education) and volunteers.

Information is also available here about employing a citizen of Switzerland, persons with residence cards, or a citizen of a non-EU country who is a long-term resident

Last updated: