A volunteer is a person who is to work as a volunteer in Sweden within the framework of the European Voluntary Service. The volunteer must have entered an agreement with an organisation in Sweden on participation in a volunteer programme here. The residence permit must be issued before travel to Sweden.
Volunteers who do not work within the scope of the European Voluntary Service can apply for a residence permit for visitors.
Requirements for residence permit
The volunteer applies for a residence permit him- or herself, but you who wants to offer a person work as a volunteer must
- be approved by the European Voluntary Service and
- send an agreement on participation in a volunteer programme to the volunteer.
The agreement on participation in a volunteer programme must contain
- a description of the volunteer programme’s content
- the length of the volunteer programme
- the working and supervision conditions of the volunteer work
- the time for the volunteer work
- information on the funds that are available to cover the costs of the volunteer’s living expenses and housing
- information on the training the volunteer will receive to be able to do the volunteer work (if required).
The volunteer applies for a residence permit him- or herself. The permit must be issued before travel to Sweden.