Solomon talks about Swedish traditions
On this page you can read about:
- Celebrating Saint Lucy’s Day.
- Christmas in Sweden.
- Common foods in Sweden.
Solomon and the other children in the letter are fictional.
My name is Solomon and I’m 9 years old. Here in Sweden, there are many traditions that are different from the ones I used to celebrate with my family in Eritrea. Many Swedish traditions seemed strange to me at first, but it was also fun to learn about them.
On weekends, I meet up with my friends. This weekend I’m going to hang out with my friend Rolly. We’re going to go to the cinema.
Questions to think about and discuss:
- What did you think of Solomon’s letter?
- Had you heard of Saint Lucy’s Day before?
- Do you and your family usually celebrate any holidays?
- Do you have any dishes that you only eat on special occasions?