If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland, employed at a company outside the EU/EEA, and are to work at the company in Sweden, you can get an Intra-Corporate Transfer (ICT) permit. This applies to those who are to work as a manager or specialist or are to get practical training with the company.
Requirements for ICT permits
To be eligible for an ICT permit, you must
- have a valid passport
- serve as a manager, specialist or trainee for more than 90 days at the company in Sweden
- have the professional qualifications and experience required for the assignment as a manager or specialist, or have the training required for a trainee position
- have an employment contract from your employer outside the EEA that concerns your employment in your home country. If you are a trainee, you must also send in a trainee agreement for the traineeship in Sweden
- have been employed for at least three months without interruption at the time of the relocation within the company
- be able to be moved after the period of relocation to a company in a country outside the EU that belongs to the same company or to a company in the same corporate group
- be able to verify the qualification to practice the profession in Sweden if the relocation concerns a regulated profession.
Your employer must
- create an employment offer
- offer compensation that is at least on the same level as the Swedish collective agreements or what is customary in the profession or industry
- offer terms of employment that are at least on the same level as for employees who are posted in Sweden
- offer an employment that gives you the possibility to support yourself.
The employment contract and trainee agreement must include
- employer’s name and address outside the EEA
- employer’s name and address
- when the employment outside the EEU began
- the city where the work/training will take place
- brief description of the employee’s duties
- salary and other payroll benefits
- the employee’s professional designation or job title (not applicable to trainees).
The agreement must be translated to Swedish or English.
Requirements to use the e-service
In order to use the e-service, you need
- to get an e-mail from the employer with a link that leads you to the e-service
- copies of the pages in your passport that show personal data, photo, signature, passport number, issuing country, period of validity and if you have permission to live in countries other than your home country (if your passport will expire soon, you should extend it since you cannot get a permit for longer than the validity of your passport)
- a union declaration
- degree certificate(s) (if you are a trainee)
- employment contract from the employer in your home country
- trainee agreement (if you are a trainee)
- to be able to pay the application fee by card.