Work permit for seasonal workers
If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland and have been offered seasonal work in Sweden by an employer established here, you can apply for a work permit for seasonal work.
Requirements for work permit
If you are going to work for less than 90 days, you can get a work permit for seasonal work. Citizens in some countries also need a visa.
If you are going to work longer than 90 days, you can get a residence and work permit for seasonal work.
To obtain a work permit for seasonal work, you must
- have a valid passport (if your passport is about to expire, you should extend it because you are not able to get a permit for longer than your passport is valid)
- have been offered temporary employment as a seasonal worker by an employer established in Sweden
- have access to accommodation of an appropriate standard
- have taken out or applied for comprehensive health insurance for healthcare in Sweden (health insurance must be valid for the full duration of the stay)
- be able to prove you are qualified to practise in Sweden if the work is within a regulated profession
- intend to leave Sweden when the permit expires
- in most cases, pay a fee (application fees for a work permit for seasonal work)
Requirements for using the e-service
In order to use the e-service, you need
- to get an email from your employer with a link that will take you to the e-service
- copies of the pages in your passport that show your personal data, photo, signature, passport number, issuing country, validity period and if you have permission to live in countries other than your home country
- information about the insurance company with which you have applied for or taken out comprehensive health insurance and for what period the insurance applies (health insurance must apply for healthcare in Sweden)
- rental agreement or certificate from a landlord, property owner or housing agency for an upcoming contract
- documentation proving you have the necessary qualifications for the job if the application concerns a regulated profession
- power of attorney if you are the representative of the applicant.
The rental agreement or accommodation certificate should state
- the address of the accommodation
- the rent
- the living area (square meters)
- number of rooms and kitchen/WC
- the terms of the rental contract (period of validity and period of notice)
- the contact details of the landlord and tenant
- the signatures of the landlord and tenant.