Traineeship through international exchange
If your are a citizen of a country outside the EU and have been offered a traineeship in Sweden within an international exchange or international agreement, you need to have a work permit.
Requirements for work permits
To be eligible for a work permit as a trainee, you must
- have reached the age of 18
- have a valid passport
- have received a written offer of traineeship or the assignment that is to be carried out.
Requirements to use the e-service
- to get an e-mail from the employer with a link that leads you to the e-service
- copies of the pages in your passport that show personal data, photo, signature, passport number, issuing country, period of validity and if you have permission to live in countries other than your home country (if your passport will expire soon, you should renew it since you cannot get a permit for longer than the validity of your passport)
- to be able to pay the application fee by card.